How can you help students use SMARTHINKING
It has been demonstrated that when instructors provide information and guidance about SMARTHINKING, students listen and take advantage of the online tutoring service.
Please consider the following ways of helping your students access online tutoring.
▪ Mention SMARTHINKING in your syllabus when discussing resources available.
▪ Post a link to SMARTHINKING and reference in your Bb class.
▪ Conduct orientation sessions for your classes to show students how to access SMARTHINKING. -When possible, have students logon to the service and begin using it.
▪ Whenever due dates for assignments are approaching, remind students that SMARTHINKING can help them.
▪ After an exam send students to SMARTHINKING to work with a tutor on concepts they do
not understand or questions they missed
.▪ Remind students that they have access to archives of each of their SMARTHINKING tutoring sessions. Archives can be used to review the content of a tutoring session or as the starting point for follow‐up sessions with a new tutor.
More examples of how you might use Smarthinking in class.
SMARTHINKING’s Paragraph Submission option allows students to submit a single paragraph of up to 200 words for review. E‐structors provide feedback for one higher‐order concern and one lower‐order concern for the paragraph submitted in a way that offers suggestions and models revisions that students can apply to entire essay. This option is found under submit your writing.
SMARTHINKING’s Essay Submission. Once a first draft of an essay has been completed, have students submit it to SMARTHINKING for review and critique. The e‐structors’ will provide feedback as the basis for essay revision prior to the student submitting it for grade.
Basic Math Skills, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus I & II (Single Variable Calculus), Statistics, Spanish, Writing, Biology, Introductory Human Anatomy & Physiology, General Chemistry, and Physics, Accounting and Economics.
Access to Smarthinking is easy:
1. Students will log into their Blackboard account
2. Select a course
3. Select "tools" on the left
4. Scroll down and click the Smarthinking login icon